RockYou FXText - Get Your Own

Sweet Zone

Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Post-birthday Celebrations... :)

“No matter how crazy and funny the scenes around you, it is always useless without the people you want to laugh with…”

July 16 seemed to pass by without me feeling there was actually something special about that day. It was my examination week. My brain then was engrossed with how a neonate adapts to his environment and the developmental changes in pediatric patients. After a quick brunch, it was time to fill my temporal lobe with principles of psychopharmacology & psychotherapy for my next exam that day. I did get a handful of text messages from family & friends and a card from my ever-loving mom that reminded me of my birthday but the rest of the day seemed just so ordinary. After 5 days of mental and physical (I was shedding spiral arteries during my exams, imagine that! It was truly a bloody week!) challenge, I finally had my long wanted rest last Friday (July 18). I prayed to God for being with me all throughout the week. The next thing I did was play tennis! It felt so nice to get all sweaty and release some endorphins…just what I needed to relax! That evening, after spending time with God in church, I was able to finally have a good night sleep. Saturday came…it was the highlight of my week. I was able to serve God in church as the chorister of the Sabbath School program. And it is always a blessing to spend time with God. The whole Sabbath day, I could feel Him talking to me and reminding me of His unconditional love through the Sabbath School lesson and the sermon I heard that morning. Indeed, God’s timing is perfect. His ways always work for the best. After sunset, I had dinner with my family at Greens Vegetarian Restaurant Café. I also had there my post-birthday celebration with some of my elementary & highschool friends and some friends from MAMC & UERMMMC (more pics at immatamis.multiply.com). I love the food at Greens and the evening was a blast because I was able to spend it with some of the people who make my life feel special. Thank you to everyone who came…


With PCA friends...L-R: Flas, Abbie, Neil, Best Geelay, Ana, Sheena, Mhai, Best Mheldy, and Veejay


MAMC friends...L-R: Flas, Ate Imee, Bon, Jacob, Mead, & Neil


With UERMMMC friends...L-R: Kat, Ana, RJ, & Wayne

Last July 22, Tuesday, when I opened my locker, I was surprised to see a colorful box inside…My heart leaped. It was a gift from Shanny (Thank you for knowing & understanding me…for the right words said at the right time)…filled with letters from friends & classmates, my picture & another picture with her & Martha, and it also contained the very cute Cheer Bear… I went to the library to read the letters...tears began to run down my cheeks. I decided to move to one of the corners of the lib, far from the sight of too many people, because they might think I’m a lunatic for crying like a baby. My heart was filled with so much warmth & joy after reading the letters…It just feels so nice to be reminded of how important you are to the people around you. It was only last July 25, Friday, that I was able to return the favor to my UERMMMC friends especially Shanny & KPs, Martha, Jay, and the rest…I cooked pasta (pesto & vegan spaghetti with tomato sauce) for them…They went at my dorm for lunch and celebrated my birthday with me. Thanks to all of you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home