RoadTrip
We left our house at around 6 am. There was nothing really special with our travel towards the north except for the constant peeking that we did on our handy, dandy map and the detour we had at Baguio. Thanks to my good friend, Andre. If not for him, we would have probably spent another hour roaming in circles just to find out how we will be able to get out of the city and reach La Union. It was almost midnight when we arrived at Batac, Ilocos Norte. We were still 2 hours away from Pagudpud and we were all so tired & we haven’t eaten dinner. Fortunately, the guard at the Jollibee store where we ate mentioned that there is an apartelle nearby. So we decided to just spend the night there.
Day 2: April 2, 2008, Wednesday


Finally, we arrived at our destination. We stayed at Arinaya Beach Resort. Pagudpud is such a beautiful place. Although Boracay’s sand is finer, I felt that it was more peaceful and relaxing in Pagudpud than in Boracay. Probably because there were fewer people and I could really feel that I was at the north tip of the Philippines. Most of us took some rest while my siblings went swimming already even though the sun was strikingly beaming its rays (In Tagalog, kahit kainitan ng araw. Hehe.). The rest of the day was allotted in capturing moments through photos, strolling by the sea, swimming, and enjoying the sand & scenery at the beachfront. It was such a lovely day. After we had our dinner that evening, I stayed outside our resort and had the luxury of stargazing. Although I am not so familiar with all of the names of the constellation of stars (except for the common ones like Orion, Big Dipper, etc.), I still enjoy looking at them and the vastness of the night sky. I am once again reminded of the greatness of the Creator of the universe.
Day 3: April 3, 2008, Thursday
Kapuluan Vista Resort
With our surfboards
My family went to the nearby barangay because my brother & I were scheduled to have our first surfing lessons!!! We met our surfing teachers, Anthony & VJ, at the Kapuluan Vista Resort. Then we proceeded infront of Blue Lagoon Beach Resort where we had our basic surfing instructions. After a few practices of position & stance with our surfboards on the sand, we were ready for action! I was so happy because I was able to do it the first try!!! Being on top of that surfboard and the waves, sort of gives you a high. It was amazing. For an hour, we just enjoyed surfing…and tumbling on the water once in awhile. We had breakfast at Kapuluan Vista Resort then went back to our resort to rest. It was already 3 pm when we had lunch at Villa Mar Resort and there I saw schoolmates from UERMMMC - RJ, Chester and the rest of their barkada. They were also having a short vacation there. It really is such a small world. I spent the rest of the afternoon, strolling at the beachfront. It was a long walk going to the farthest side of the beach and I decided to jog my way back to the resort. It was fun. When I got back, I changed my clothes into my swimming attire then I enjoyed a nice dip in the cold waters of the sea. And as I was building a sand castle, I was mesmerized of the beauty of the sunset. I felt so blessed being able to enjoy the wonders of life given by God.





At the Marcos Museum in Bagac, Ilocos Norte
Mga kalesa
Picture with the horses
Max's Fried Chicken House, Vigan Branch
It was time to go home. We left Pagudpud at around 6 am and headed back to Manila. We made a stop at Batac, Ilocos Norte to see the Marcos Museum then we made another stop at Vigan where we had a hearty lunch at Max’s Fried Chicken House. It was already evening when we reached Tarlac so we made a stopover and had dinner in a Chinese restaurant (I forgot the name). We arrived at our house at around 12:30 am. After praying for the safe trip we had, we immediately rested our tired bodies so we could wake up early on that Sabbath day to go to church and thank God for all His blessings.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home