RockYou FXText - Get Your Own

Sweet Zone

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Old Shirts, Wheelchair, and Cooks

Last Monday, I went with my mom to her clinic in Pasay. I was supposed to join the Gawad Kalinga (GK) participated by the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges-Student Network (APMC-SN) in Baseco, Tondo. When I told my mom about it, she didn't allow me because she said that no one would drive me to the place. She didn't want me to commute even though I insisted and she said I didn't know how to go to Tondo. I told her I'll ride a cab but she refused. And probably a stigma of the place still exists for her. She also said it was so hot that day and she doesn't let me do too much hard work at home, how come I would want to do that...My reply was for experience. She said that I could help others in a different way and if I really want to have that kind of experience she would find hollow blocks at home for me to carry. My mom is such a funny woman. Anyway, she even criticized what I was wearing that day. I wore an old blue shirt with a faded Sailormoon print. You probably have an idea how old it is already...If I remember it correctly, I was still in elementary when Sailormoon was aired on TV. I wore that old shirt because it is comfy (and good thing, it still fits me well) and I thought I'd get down & dirty that day if I had gone to the GK. Don't you just love wearing old shirts? I think old shirts are so comfortable to wear and it just makes me feel good inside that I still have them and they haven't given up on me...

I ended up having no plans that day so my mom just asked me to go to the bank and do some errands. I was walking along San Juan street when I saw this lady on a wheelchair. She was pushing the wheelchair on her own. I went ahead of her but I turned back and asked her where she was heading. She pointed at a sign that says, "Nuga Best". It is located outside a building which was about 20 steps from where we were. So I assisted her and she kept on thanking me when we got there. I smiled, bid her goodbye, and went on my way...It felt so nice that even though I wasn't able to go to Tondo, I was able to help someone that day. Maybe God used that lady so I can feel better because I felt bad that I wasn't able to participate at the GK...Life indeed has its surprises. ;)

When we arrived home, I got to watch ETC's show "Hot Guys Who Can Cook". They all look so cute... Not all guys can cook, but those who can, really cook well... I am reminded of a crush of mine, Chef Rob Pengson of QTV Channel 11's Chef To Go... I just love watching him do his stuff on TV while listening to his very nice accent... It drives me crazy! Haha... He is not really very handsome but he has this appeal that is so yummy...just like all the food that he is cooking in his show. Haha! It would be nice to have someone cook for me...but I'll be just as grateful to cook for someone I care about who can appreciate whatever I prepare. Bon appetit! ;)

P.S.
I also love another Cook...David Cook rocks! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home