May Showers
The rain was pouring so hard. I was initially hoping for the clouds and drizzle to go away because we wanted to play tennis that morning. But the heavens just couldn’t contain its showers of blessing anymore. Kuya Jacob, Ading, & I even had to run home because we didn’t have umbrellas and we could no longer wait for the rain to end. The thought I had in mind was that if it continued to rain that day, it would be one wet wedding for Kuya Vinz Matias and Ate Maricel Calantas. The unison of their hearts as a married couple was held at Orchidarium in Manila. It is an open area, a garden to be exact. Fortunately, the heavy rain eventually stopped and the sun shone brightly leaving no trace of the earlier downpour. It was an answered prayer for the couple and probably for all the people scheduled to wed in other places within the metro that afternoon.
I like attending weddings. What I don’t like is when I start to get teary-eyed when I am deeply touched by something I saw or heard in weddings. The one I attended last Sunday was no exception. As Ate Cel was walking down the aisle, Kuya Vinz was crying. It was a very emotional scene. There I was, trying to keep the tears from falling and keeping myself from looking like a complete idiot because the inner hopeless romantic in me was overruling. The environment was warm and arid but something inside me was coming down in torrents. It is actually my favorite part of weddings – when the groom looks at his bride as she enters and you could see how much they love each other.
If God will bless me with the bliss of my very own marriage someday, I am definite that there would be a deluge of tears on my wedding day…mine and my mom’s. But it would be out of great joy. I used to dream of getting married at the Philippine International Church at Adventist University of the Philippines. I think it is a very beautiful church. But even if I wouldn’t be married there, a simple church wedding elsewhere will do as long as I am with my loved ones and the man God will bless me with. For now, I believe God is in the process of writing my own love story…so marriage is still out of the question at this point. Besides, I don’t even have a boyfriend yet. ;) Haha. So I still have to enjoy that part of my life if ever I’ll have one – the boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. I think I’m getting carried away already…can’t help it especially if I have just witnessed another love story blessed by God. Anyway, even if I’m single I have a lot to be thankful for – like the simple pleasure of getting soaked under a splendid May shower…So let it rain, let it pour…and I’ll be singing in the rain. ;) Hehe… Ciao.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home