Circi
We went to one of the barangays in Gagalangin, Tondo last March 23, 2008 for a surgical mission...The first surgery I did that day was my 2nd time to do circumcision. When I was younger, my mom would always bring me to medical-surgical missions and I would assist them there. I was only 12 years old when I first did a circumcision. The lucky boy I circumcised was, I think, only about 2 or 3 years younger than me at the time...hahaha...Anyway, I was assisted by a doctor then so it turned out okay...I guess. =) hahaha! The surgical mission last Sunday was sponsored by the APO Fraternity and the officials in that barangay. The UERMMMC Red Cross Organization was tapped by the said fraternity to help in that activity. I went with my batchmate & friend - Ice Lugtu; 3 incoming junior interns - Kuya Ian, Ate Apple, Mark; Rikki (sis of Kuya Ian from APO San Beda Med chapter); and first year med students - Ana, Vicy, Grace, Dionne, Angelane, Sarah, Vida, AJ, Mico, Albert, and Rey. James Teodosio also arrived later that day. It was a great experience to be a part of a surgical mission again (after 9 long years...haha!)...I'm looking forward to more medical outreach activities in the future! ;)
Starting another minor surgery...
With AJ (the one in red shirt) and Dionne (w/ brown top & a bit blurry! Hehe...) 
Preparing Lidocaine...

Preparing Lidocaine...

You're too serious, Sweet!
Teaching my partner, Ana (tnx for the pics, girl!) All smiles even after a tiring day... L-R: Albert, Ana, Me, Dionne, & Sarah

Gorgeous-es pa rin kahit pagod... ;) L-R: Grace, Ana, Me, Vicy, & Ice The whole gang...without Ice (the one taking this shot...Hehe!)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home