Voice of Youth
Last October 21, 2007, I went to Talavera, Nueva Ecija with Pastor Dante Honorica, Maranatha Fajardo, and Barry Habla for the Voice of Youth Evangelistic Revival in a Seventh-day Adventist Church in Mistrang Kikay, Talavera. My task there was to conduct health lectures. For the 2 nights that I spent there, the topics that I discussed were hypertension and diabetes mellitus.
Initially, I didn't want to go to Nueva Ecija because I had some personal issues I wanted to deal with first. I still ended up going there. My intention was to be able to help the people there even if my stay was just for a short while. But, honestly, the people there were the ones who helped me…they helped me find an answer to my personal issues. I think God wanted me to be a part of this evangelistic activity because I would gain something from it. Meeting the people in Talavera was a blessing to me. They are beautiful and hospitable people. I enjoyed spending time with them especially with the kids because they are polite and helpful. I hope that I'll be able to go back there… If not, I pray that we'll be able to see each other again in heaven.
Initially, I didn't want to go to Nueva Ecija because I had some personal issues I wanted to deal with first. I still ended up going there. My intention was to be able to help the people there even if my stay was just for a short while. But, honestly, the people there were the ones who helped me…they helped me find an answer to my personal issues. I think God wanted me to be a part of this evangelistic activity because I would gain something from it. Meeting the people in Talavera was a blessing to me. They are beautiful and hospitable people. I enjoyed spending time with them especially with the kids because they are polite and helpful. I hope that I'll be able to go back there… If not, I pray that we'll be able to see each other again in heaven.
The kids reading the Bible...A wonderful sight!
With the twins, Daisy & Stephanie
Tambay sa may kubo...
Meet Baxter...
Posing after making butterfly IDs for the kids. L-R: Noknok, Stephanie, Me, Izzel, Meg, & Jenel
The first team for the Voice of Youth: Maranatha (a.k.a. Meg), Barry, & Me
With Izzel, Katherine, & Jenel (and Bro. Rod smiling in the background...Hehe!)The heavens were crying because I had to leave...
Rain outside the bus window...
My first time to travel from a far place alone... 














0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home