RockYou FXText - Get Your Own

Sweet Zone

Monday, May 07, 2007

A Winner's Loss

Luggage. Check.

Coat.
Check.

Passport and VISA.
Check.

My heart.
Where's my heart?!

The first three on the list could have been the only things I needed had I not considered the last one. Where's my heart? It decided to stay here in the Philippines. Whenever I see pictures of friends abroad, I always try to imagine what my life would be if I left for a foreign place. My own big house. My own car. Everything - my own. Sounds good, right?

In another country, where no one knows me, I could start anew. I won't be known as the girl who comes from a broken family. I won't be the hopeless romantic who has not been in any serious relationship. I'm not the frustrated pianist or the one with stage fright. I won't be the used-to-be-honor-student who graduated in college without flying colors. Going abroad would be my easy way out... Out of my dark past... Out of my disappointments in life.

But running away is not the answer. It would not change who I was. I realized that staying and facing my problems will help make me become a better person. And the truth is, no matter where we are in this world, there will always be failures in life. But as they say, champions are those who fail but never quit. So I just have to make the most of who I am and what I have right now. I know God is on my side. I'll try to be better. I won't quit. I am a champion. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Anjie Pie said...

"I am a champion."

No doubt about that. You've always been and you'll always be! :-) Shucks, kung ikaw naf-'failure'-an sa sarili mo, pano pa kaya ako? Hehe.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Sweet said...

awww...thanks, best. :) hindi yan...we are not failures. we are champions. ;) love you, best. take care always. God bless you in your work. mwah!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home