The Departed
I was at PRC this morning...Argh. I really hate that place. I remember waiting in line for hours when I was filing my application for the Nursing Licensure Examination last May. It was horrible. And nothing has changed...There is still no system in that place. I didn't want to go back to that energy-sucking place but my mom requested me to ask questions regarding the oath-taking, registration, etc. Of course, I can't refuse. It's my sembreak so now's the time to arrange my papers so I can officially be a registered nurse. Honestly, I don't even care whether or not I'll do the oath-taking. I am disappointed of the things that has happened...I'm saddened because I feel like the Nursing profession is degrading because others are just making it a business. The true essence of Nursing is being set aside for personal gains. I can't imagine myself or my family being taken cared by nurses who cheated or those who don't really have a heart of a nurse. Just the thought of it is disgusting...it makes my blood boil. I understand that many Filipinos are suffering...I know most of those who took up Nursing would want to go abroad to earn more and have a better life. But I also want to believe that there still remains some decency in our culture...That Filipinos are not just known for piracy, corruption, and impersonation. That we are not rats (just like in the movie The Departed) living in gruesome sewers.
I'm really glad because I chose to pursue medicine. I have a new life now as a medical student. Even though I want to say that I don't care what happens to the Nursing world anymore because I have a different world now...I can't. The truth is...nursing and medicine are interconnected worlds...They belong in one universe - the health care system. I just hope and pray that things would be better. I hope nursing students or those who plan to take up nursing are doing so for the good reasons - not just because of greenbacks but because they truly care.







3 Comments:
well said!
Hi Best!
I totally understand how you feel. It's so risky because they're making business out of taking care for the sick!
Kakalungkot nga kasi buti kung hindi naaapektuhan ang kalidad ng ginagawa nila..ang kaso hindi ganun eh.
Hay, let's just pray na malampasan ng Pilipinas ang ganitong klase ng pagsubok. Tsk. Tsk.
tnx, best. tnx, kuya dux. love you both. mwah! God bless!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home