Doors and Windows
A famous saying goes like this, 'If God closes a door, he opens a window.'
A DOOR HAS CLOSED.
Yesterday was our last Candy Council of Cool (COC) meeting. We had dinner at Burgoo in Robinson's Galleria. It was nice to see all my co-COC and the Candy editors again. I will really miss them all... It was bittersweet to hear each and everyone's parting words... Candy has opened a lot of opportunities for me. I was able to work with great people - the Candy editors (they're the best!) and my co-COC members (they're the coolest!). I was able to meet local artists, models, and get show/concert passes & freebies! Being part of the Council helped me grow as a writer and as a person. Just like what Ines, our E-I-C, said, 'This isn't the end...' I'm blessed that I was able to be a part of the Candy family...I know I'll always be...a Candy girl at heart.
AN OPEN WINDOW.
After our Candy COC meeting, I went straight to Starbucks, Morato to study with my classmates for our Anatomy Lab Exam. It was fun studying with my classmates...I just love med school (sorry! can't help saying that...coz I really am happy where I am right now). Saturated with all the cells and tissues...its classifications and morphology...etc., I went straight to my bed when we got home. At around 5 am, I was awaken by the snooze of my alarm clock. I sleepily looked for my cellphone and was slightly irritated to see my inbox full. My eyes widened to see the first message from my classmate, Andre a.k.a. Care Bear...He texted, 'Mornin', RN!' I felt my blood rush into my head...I was ecstatic! My sympathetic nervous system was stimulated while reading text messages from friends congratulating me for this accomplishment. Finally, I'm Ms. Sweet Garllie Albert R. Tappan, RN. I can't explain how happy I am right now. God is such a great God! Aahh...I'm loving the fresh breeze. I guess I'll be looking out this window for quite some time... ;)







2 Comments:
congratz pala. RN ka na. tapos magdodoctor pa. ang haba na nga ng pangalan mo, pahahabain mo pa dahil sa mga extensions. someday ganito na ba: Sweet Garllie Albert Reyes Tappan, R.N., M.D.! Heavy!
haha... ;) why not, diba? if it's God's will, I'll gladly accept whatever blessing He bestows upon me. Of course, more extensions means more responsibilities (naks! parang spiderman! hehe...). anyway, I know I can make it with God's help...I trust that He'll provide only what's best for me. God bless you, Kuya Dux! Thanks for always dropping by my blog. I really appreciate it. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home