So-called Med Life
When I asked one of my classmates why he took up medicine, he said, 'Because I want to help people...' I was so amazed of his genuineness. Now I am questioning my motives of pursuing medicine...
I could have opted to stop studying and go on with my life as a nurse. I know I would have lots of benefits especially if I would work abroad. During my sophomore and junior years in college, I had a hard time and I often thought I won't go to medical school anymore because I was tired of studying. My childhood dream slowly faded...
When I had my 8-hour clinical duty in my senior year, I couldn't imagine doing the same thing and having that much work as a nurse every single day (after graduation). I missed the four corners of a classroom...I missed learning new things. And I guess I wasn't prepared to face the real world...yet.
When my classmate bounced the question back to me, I answered, 'Because I didn't want to have regrets...' I don't want to have what if's or could have's. Before graduation, I could already visualize my life as a nurse... I'll work in a hospital (eg. PGH), and probably go abroad after a few years to earn money and save for my family. I would buy my own house and car. And if I am stable enough, I could have my own family. But my life as a doctor was a bit vague for me. Although I know it won't be as economically satisfying as a nurse (working abroad) and it's scary, but I need not worry because I have Someone up there who will carry me through despite troubles and uncertainties of this world. So I'm up for the challenge of med life... I also want to be like my mom...a good doctor with a big heart.
Hopefully, after years of hardwork (which involves a lot of sweat and sleepless nights) and with God's guidance, I would be an MD. Afterwards, I could travel the world, learn about different cultures, and meet a lot of people. I would also like to be a volunteer for United Nations or be a part of the World Health Organization. :)
Why did I take up medicine? Simply because I want to touch people's lives and make a difference...







5 Comments:
Hi Sweet! Nice blog. Good luck with medicine. I'm sure you'll do great! :) Hope to see you again soon in our next (and probably last) council meeting. TC!
aww...tnx, angel! tnx so much for dropping by! hope to see u soon also! i miss u guys... take care & God bless!
you got an RN after your name, and then your going to add a US before the RN, and then the letters MD coming up. now that's really something!
Hay nako, best. You have the best reason for going to med school. Di gaya ng iba - para lang kumita ng malaki. I'm sure God will always be with you all throughout the way because He knows you have a good heart. Konti nalang ang mga doctors na katulad ng mom mo at ikaw! :-) Kaya mo yan best! Aja!
Hay nako, best. You have the best reason for going to med school. Di gaya ng iba - para lang kumita ng malaki. I'm sure God will always be with you all throughout the way because He knows you have a good heart. Konti nalang ang mga doctors na katulad ng mom mo at ikaw! :-) Kaya mo yan best! Aja!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home