Emotions...
At first, I was a bit offended when someone told me that I was emotional...but at the end of our conversation, I understood his point. Actually, he wasn't trying to get into my nerves or anything. He was just giving me an advice and telling me the truth. And most of the time, the truth hurts...
Yes, I am emotional. If you have been through everything that I have experienced, you would understand why I am the way I am -- growing up with one parent (my dad was always abroad since I was young), getting through the separation of my parents (I'm not even sure if I'm over the issue), staying strong for the family esp. my siblings (I'm the eldest…I have to set an example for them; I am my mom’s confidante), a bumpy lovelife (it's not something good to talk about), surviving college (I suffered from culture shock during my first 2 years in college; I felt little), seeing friends come and go (I also witnessed a friend die), feeling lost (I wasn't exactly sure if I wanted to pursue medicine or go abroad as a nurse instead), and so on...
Yes, I cry...a lot. It's my way of getting the stress out of my system, releasing the negative energies, and relieving the pain inside my chest. Others may consider it a weakness but I don't. I think it's far better than inhaling carbon monoxide (same toxic gas coming out of a vehicle's muffler) from cigarettes, poisoning my liver with alcohol, or rebelling (doing what is wrong and going against my mom). I could have chosen to do all those things…but I didn’t. And I won’t…
I have a lot of struggles in life (who doesn’t?!) but I believe that every tear that I have shed has made me stronger…and I’m proud to be me.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home