Circadian Rhythm and the Rhythm of Life
It is 5 am on a Christmas break and I am wide awake. I guess I'm used to being up early in the morning. It's part of my system already. When I have clinical duty, I usually wake up at 4:00-4:30 am so I can be at the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) at 5:45 am. Oh well...
Last night, I was able to watch The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (a DVD given by my brother). I cried. It's a very heart-warming movie. Something any teenager can relate to. I was really affected with Tibby's story. She met Bailey, a girl with Leukemia. Bailey changed Tibby's life. I was inspired by Bailey because despite her condition she was still able to look at life positively. She made it a point to compliment others. She was just amazing. Here are some conversations of Tibby and Bailey from the movie...
Bailey: You know what I like most about the stars? You look at them, at all of them up there...and you just know there's gotta be something more than...
Tibby: Life?
Bailey: There has to be.
Tibby: Are you scared?
Bailey: Not of dying, really. It's more that I'm afraid of time. And not having enough of it. Time to figure out who I'm supposed to be...to find my place in the world before I have to leave it.
(Tibby went to visit Bailey when she was in the hospital)
Tibby: These pants need to bring you a miracle, here [bawling]
Tibby: You can keep them for a while. So they can make you get better.
Bailey: They already have, they made me find you.
Bailey's words were very inspiring. When you come to think of it, those words came from a sick 12-year old. It struck me because sometimes we take life for granted. We don't appreciate things or people around us...we fail to appreciate life. It's true...life is too short. We have to make the most of each day. Because you'll never know...tomorrow just might be too late.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home